Tuesday, November 17, 2009

She's always wearing my sweatpants

On October 31, 2008, I bought, what I would soon find out, the most comfortable pair of sweatpants at KMart in Bismarck. I needed a costume for Halloween - something appropriate to wear to the Governor's Mansion.

The costume consisted of grey, elastic-cuffed sweatpants and a red North Dakota tank-top that had a screenprint of a soaring eagle on it.

The costume was near perfect, but Betsy now has laid claim to these Joe Boxer sweatpants and I am concerned how often they are being worn.

Don't get me wrong, I love sweatpants and I am not pregnant. So, if Betsy wants to wear these men's XL sweatpants for the next 32 weeks - I say go for it.

But Betsy, here are the rules:
  1. If they have cheese on them, I gotta wash them.
  2. If you can't remember the last time they were washed, I gotta wash them.
  3. You can wear them to Wal-Mart. But if you wear them to Wal-Mart, you can't shuffle your feet and just look at the magazine rack.
  4. If you think the sweatpants are giving you a rash, your sweatpants are probably giving you a rash.
That's it. Only 4 rules for wearing those sweatpants.

Now, the good thing is that Betsy's sassy, malassy friend, Maurya, was kind enough to send her a pair of women's sweatpants. (Maurya, she got them yesterday and they only have been off to shower. I think I may buy her another.)

Thanks for your prayers and thoughts during this time. We continue to be cautiously excited. We have another appointment in Fargo on the Friday after Thanksgiving. If that one goes well, Betsy gets passed on to a doctor in Minot.

Talk to you soon

No comments: