Wednesday, November 25, 2009

That's the first time I pulled down Betsy's pants in the fire hall

While surrounded by a U.S. Customs officer, a retired ND Highway Patrol Officer, a lumber yard owner, a truck driver, a electric company lineman, a heating & cooling company owner, a farm supply store manager, a carpenter, a dude who sells boats, a bar owner, and a mechanic, the ol' Bible camp director/campfire song leader/outdoor game leader has to try a little harder to seem like a tough guy.

That's my life every fourth Tuesday when I get to go to the Bottineau Rural Fire Department (Station 2 - Lake Metigoshe) meeting. I love it.

If I had to name the top four things I love about living in Bottineau, they would be:
1. Denny's Pizza Inn
2. Being a Volunteer Fire Fighter
3. Having a kick-ass pastor who saves our food scraps for her chickens
4. Denny's Pizza Inn

I love being a part of the fire department. Some other day I'll tell you about the time I almost violated a dead beaver at a fire, but I gotta tell you what happened last night.

So, there we were, all the fire fighters were taking a test on Proper Procedures for Radio Usage in Emergency Situations. Training last night was a classrooms setting, rather than a hands-on training. In September we all went up on the camp high ropes course and last month we practiced pumping from Lake Metigoshe.

Anyways, we are in the middle of the test and guess who shows up in her sweatpants.

That would be the lovely, pregnant Betsy.

Yesterday, Betsy decided to wear her trendy brown sweatpants and my XXL camp sweatshirt from 1996. She looked good and comfy:)

Smilely Betsy says, "Oh, hi!" Then giggles and motions me to come over. Thankfully there was a giggle, because in the 12 years going to meetings, a wife/girlfriend has never crashed a meeting!

The reason she came over was because it was 8 o'clock and time for a butt shot! We hadn't really planned this out too well, so she had to drive over to get a shot.

If you have ever been to the Lake Metigoshe Fire Department, or really any fire department, there really aren't a lot of private rooms to go take your pants off.

So, Betsy and I walked beside Unit #7 and she pulled down her trendy brown sweatpants. I have got believe this may have been the first time there has been a naked ass next to the spare SCBA bottles and spare hoses in that building.

I poked her in the right check (aka, the evening cheek) and the shot was done within moments. We laughed quietly and Betsy was on her way and I was back to taking an open-book test on emergency radio techniques. 10-4

Hope you have a good Thanksgiving. Betsy has another ultrasound and bloodtest on Friday - we hope that goes well. Talk to you soon

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Too much. Seriously, too much.