Thursday, March 25, 2010

Voicemail becomes lullaby

I have a hard time sleeping when Betsy's not around. I stay up late. I eat Chocolate Cheerios. I look online for interesting ways to tie my shoes or wrap birthday gifts. I just have a hard time falling asleep.

Sans Betsy is my natural Red Bull.

Pregnant Betsy, however, has very few problems getting sleepy. If it's past 9 pm, I got myself one sleepy Betsy. Getting to the 10 o'clock news makes Betsy feel like she is pulling an all-nighter.

Two nights ago, Betsy left me a sleepy message at 9:32 pm. Imagine hearing this amongst 5 or 6 yawns. I've entitled in "Voicemail Lullaby"

Hi Honey.
I just got very very sleepy.
So I was...
I'm going to bed.

But I was just calling to see
if you were there
to say goodnight
to me.

But you're busy.



I'm gonna go to sleep.
I'll talk to you in the morning.

Love you.
Bye Bye


Today is the start of the 26th week. That means 98 days until HSICBT-Day (Holy Shit I Can't Believe This Day)

I literally look at Betsy everyday and cannot believe this! I can't believe it. We were eating blue cotton candy at the Bottineau PTO Carnival and looked over at Betsy and thought two things: 1. Betsy's teeth are so blue right now, and 2. Betsy is pregnant!

She looks so good! And she gets so sleepy. And I love it.

I loved my sleepy message I got from Betsy two days ago. I can't wait to hear this in August:


Hi Honey.
The baby and I just got very very sleepy.
So I was...
We're going to bed.

But I was just calling to see
if you were there
to say goodnight
to us.



We're gonna go to sleep.
We'll talk to you in the morning.

We love you.
Bye Bye

1 comment:

Capricious Singular Bookworm said...

Hi, just wanted to thank you for that helpful chart. My partner and I would dearly love to have a child and already know that IVF is most likely going to be our only option.