Saturday, January 23, 2010

Mock turtlenecks?

There is only one reason I would wear a mock turtleneck. It's to get paint on it so I can feel okay to throw it away. Don't get me wrong, there was a point in my life when I couldn't get enough mock turtleneck. I believe I could probably find a picture of myself wearing a mock turtleneck with light blue Wrangles.

Anyways, I am down to this last Camp Metigoshe mock turtleneck from 1994. It's 16 years old, so I thought I could finally use it as a paint shirt.

It was a fun day to paint! There was about a foot of snow outside, so it made sense to be inside.

You may say, "Kyle and Betsy decided to go the FFA route with blue and yellow. Well, it's not Corn Gold and National Blue, so technically it is not officially FFA. It is Weathered Blue and Palo Verde. (Palo Verde is actually the official tree of Arizona and means "green stick" in Spanish. Even with all of that interesting trivia, the paint just looks yellow.)

This room used to be our bedroom until we moved downstairs. This rooms used to get real cold - one morning we woke up in the winter and it was 50 degrees inside.

Prior to painting, we added a bunch of insulation. However, Betsy one day mentioned that maybe we should keep it kinda cool. This "baby" spent about 8 months of its life frozen in liquid nitrogen. It may enjoy the cold.

Tomorrow the baby is 17 weeks old. We are getting close to the halfway point. We're hoping that last night's experience at the Firemen's Dance in Bottineau was helpful to in the baby's development. We have been reading that we should be talking to Betsy's belly. I think last night was an important development step in getting used to classic rock music.

Talk to you later.

2 comments:

Maurya said...

HALFWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can you even believe it!!!!!!!!!!

The paint colors look great! You guys and Staci did a great job.

Unknown said...

Excellent choice with the blue and yellow. I'll just take 100% of the credit for that :-) I agree, your kid will probably be one of those that doesn't even need a winter coat. That is so fantastic. Not many people can say they were frozen in liquid nitrogen for 8 months and lived to tell about it. Good work, baby D.