Friday, February 13, 2009

Minor regional television celebrity and a helpful poster

Geez, I love the West Acres Food Court.

I could eat most of my meals in that beautiful sanctuary of food goodness. Today, Betsy and I had lunch at the mall. If I was by myself, or with Brian, I would've ordered the number 1 combo at McDonalds AND a 6-piece chicken McNugget. Betsy, though, thought we should start with a salad.

I say, "Salad? I don't know if you have forgotten, but I go to the gym. Nobody every says, 'Man, I've been building so much muscle mass since eating more salad.'"

We shared a salad.

Anyways, after eating our salad, I then went and got a McDouble. (For those of you that are unaware, the McDouble replaced the Double Cheeseburger on the McDonalds' Dollar Menu. It is a double cheeseburger, except it only has one piece of cheese, not two. Damn recession. That economic stimulus package better have some cheese stimulus.)

While I was in line, low-n-behold, there was Hutch Johnson, the weather guy from KVLY in Fargo. Every night this week I felt like he was going to explode out of the the TV screen into the Nielsen family room! Anyways, he is a giant and he loves McDonalds.

I was also going to ask you a question about Bluetooth technology, but I thought I should give you a little fertility update.

Saturday morning we will be going to the clinic and two embryos will be put into some sort of syringe and then returned to Betsy's uterus. She has to come with a full bladder, so my plan is to tell a bunch of funny jokes on the car ride into town just to mess with her a little bit. (However, just so you know, if she says, "Alright Kyle, that's about enough," I am going to back off.)

Okay, if you love posters just as much as I do, you can take a look at http://www.firstivf.net/ivf_steps.jpg

It is a poster explaining exactly what we are doing. There are some nice diagrams, if you are into nice diagrams and stuff like that.

Hope you are having a good day. We are doing very well - Betsy is very mushy after a facial she got as a gift from a friend. She also got a pedicure for her birthday - she got sparkly purple toenail polish. She was too shy, however, to take her socks off during her last procedure to show off her sparkly toes to the doctor! (However, I don't think they are looking at feet when you are at a fertility clinic.)

Talk to you soon.

1 comment:

theBrandjords said...

Hi Kyle and Betsy!

Thank you for the email Kyle. Wally and I were thinking if not your own cable tv show at least your own talk show-you are too funny Kyle! We will be thinking about you all (eggs included) tomorrow, and waiting to "hear" the rest of the story. . .
love ya, the Brandjord's
p.s. be nice to my Betsy (and her butt) we miss her!