Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Nothing says "Welcome back home" like a vagina cookie

Geez, we got awesome friends.

We got home Monday and we were excited to see our friends Brian, Anna, and Katie. They brought us some great gifts:

1. Balloons

2. Beef jerky

3. M&Ms and Milk Duds

4. Liquid Gold brand toilet paper

5. A good movie and cd

6. Gatorade

7. Tacos

8. And then there's one thing I do not my parents to know about (To everyone except my parents, if I see you sometime I'll tell you. But I don't even think Betsy wants me to tell you.)

Anyways, for dessert, Anna, who is a kick-ass nurse, decided to makes us something special. We were not allowed to come into the kitchen area as the masterpiece was being assembled.

However, at one point, she panicked because she could not find her licorice. The only thing we could offer were Gummy Worms, and she thought they would suffice.

Well, it was time to unveil the mysterious delicatessen and you know what it was? It was a cookie...in the shape of a vagina.

(Betsy has this editorial comment she insisted I add: "This model is far more than just a vagina. Kyle is just writing that for shock value. It is actually a very good representation of the female reproductive system. Betsy said that if one of her anatomy/physiology students had created this as a final project, she would likely give him/her an A. So, good job, Anna. Four years at Luther College and a board certified RN - you know your reproductive anatomy!")

Who makes that kinda stuff? What a bizarre treat? Here it is:






If you look closely, you can tell that it is more than just a vagina. It also included the uterus, fallopian tubes made of Gummy Worms, and ovaries made of vanilla ice cream.


As a science lesson, I explained how the embryos were placed in the uterus. (The embryos, which are actually two Milk Duds, can be seen in the MIP. (Maximul Implantation Point)


I also was able to sneak a picture of Betsy in her sweatpants. (Did I tell you she has two pair of the same exact pant?)



Well, today the embryos have been in Betsy's oven for 3 days. Hopefully "Valen" and "Tino" have settled in and found a comfy spot to rest for 40 weeks. They were at 8 cells on Saturday, and today there could be 100 or more. This is what it probably looks like:




Well, I better go get Betsy a snack. (It won't be ice cream, however. Last night she used the Peppermint Ice Cream to freeze her butt check a little before I gave her a shot. After the shot, we cleaned up everything...except the ice cream. This morning when Betsy went into the bathroom, there was a half gallon of Peppermint Ice Cream melted all over the toilet tank. The only plus is that it smells nice in our bathroom right now.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG I am laughing my bum off.
I can totally hear the North Dakota "O" throughout all of this. And it seems that those sweats are the same Amtrak sweats from Education Clique-mmittee Meeting. Keep the posts acomin'.
Only the best to you two.
Skogen

Anonymous said...

I'm begining to wonder if they gave us the right baby when I left the hospital 34 years ago, just kidding.

Anonymous said...

It has been a morning of negative vibe around Century Jr. High and I am so glad to have been brought back to my happy place by this BLOG! And actually, I have to say that the sweatpants aren't as bad as I envisioned them. However, I am concerned that these two pairs of pants will be Betsy's permanent maternity wardrobe. I'm looking forward to the day she will grow out of them. Thanks for the pictures. LOVE IT! and LOVE YOU!!!!

Anonymous said...

Kyle

I am so surprised to find out you have an Aunt in Fargo?
Al